Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
A swimming pool is a great addition to your home. It will boost your quality of life by offering the chance to relax and unwind and enjoy summer days. Gone are the days when you’d have to go out to the community center to have summer fun in the pools.
With your own outdoor pool setup, you can make lots of memories with your friends and family. Your pool will also be a great investment in the long run because it will increase the value of your property. Keep reading as we answer the question “how to design swimming pool structure”.
Custom Design for Your Pools
A beautiful and functional pool is a great addition to an empty space but it’s important to do it right. Utilizing your space in the best way possible and making sure to bring life into your yard is important.
So if you’re like the families we have worked with, you might want to create an outdoor setting you can enjoy with your kids. You want your home to be that cool place everyone wants to hang out at because of the environment you created.
How to Design Swimming Pool Structure
With Bowen Pools, you can customize your pool designs and work with designers that will suit the shape of your house and space perfectly. The worst thing would be placing a pool in your backyard that doesn’t suit your aesthetic and ends up looking out of place.
How you want the pool designed is up to you. Our designers will help bring your ideas to life and work with you every step of the way. So what are you picturing for your custom-built pool? What style do you and your kids love?
Common Pool Structures
- Freeform: Freeform swimming pool mimics the natural water bodies. It is made to look like the one you find on the beach. A freeform pool can be designed in a naturalistic or irregular shape. This type of pool is available for above-ground and inground pools.
- Geometric: Shaped like a square, rectangle or any similar polygon, this is a traditional pool look. This style is most common for above-ground pools as the shape allows more water and covers a large area that can easily accommodate more people. So if you’re looking to host lots of fun-filled parties, this is a good pick for you.
- Rectangular: With its simple, modern aesthetic, this is the most common choice of freeform shapes as it’s easy to place indoors without too much concern about symmetry or adaptability. Whether you’re looking for some pool fun or a good workout, this is a good option.
- Contemporary pools: Found in exclusive hotels, these are the latest trend and have a vibe of their own. If you want to go for a cleaner shape and a modern, sleek design, this pool is the right pick. With this design, you can have your own private staycation without having to pay hefty hotel bills.
Features of Your Custom Pool
It’s time to take your custom pool to the next level. Since you’re investing so much time and energy in building your cool outdoor pool setup, let’s make it even more awesome. Adding some extra features to your custom pool will make it even more exciting. Keeping in mind your pool’s size, shape, color, material, and depth, here are some features you can incorporate into your pool:
- Tanning ledges
- Diving boards and slides
- Underwater benches
- Shallow beach-style entries
- Water volleyball or basketball play areas
- A swim-up bar
- Fire bowls and planters
With so many ideas, all you need to do is determine what kind of aesthetic you want for your pool. It’s important to keep in mind the location of your pool before deciding the pool structure and features which is why you should get your own custom design to achieve the pool of your dreams.
Positioning Your Pool
If you want to create a more natural oasis, you may consider planting trees and plants around the pool area or incorporating some ornamental rocks or water features into the design. Choose the right colored tiles to blend in with your house. It’s also important to think about how high the fence should be around the pool. If you’re planning on keeping young children out of it, remember that they can climb fences as well as older kids, so it needs to be sturdy and high enough.
Another thing to consider when you are designing your pool structure is the positioning and landscaping of your backyard. You also need to make sure it is practical. It is best to think about what you will use it for most before you make your decision. Bowen pools will help you decide the best place to place your pool. Try to utilize all of your backyard space by positioning it in the right place.
Your Go-To Professionals For Custom-Built Pools
Whether you are a young family with kids, a couple remodeling the home of your dreams, or an avid swimmer, Bowen Pools is your best pick when it comes to building the finest custom-built pools.
You can have a swimming pool of your own, that you and your family can enjoy any day, any time. You can even use it for a mini stay-cation that you can have in your own outdoor setup. Who wouldn’t want that?